Follow this simple recipe to create a delicious green tea ice cream with a light coconut flavor.
If you like green tea, you will love this ice cream! Give it a try today and treat yourself to this wonderful green dessert.
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2½ cups coconut cream
- 1¼ cup sugar
- pinch salt
- 3-4 tbsp matcha
- Heat sugar, matcha, salt, coconut milk and coconut cream.
- Stir continuously until the sugar is dissolved.
- Temper in the egg yolks and continue stirring until the mixture can coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Chill completely, then put in your ice cream machine.
Green Tea Coconut Milk Ice Cream Tips
Using more matcha powder (up to 4 tbsp) will result in a stronger green tea flavor. Using too much powder will cause the ice cream to become more powdery and less palatable.
To help aid your ice cream machine, place the green tea coconut milk ice cream mixture in the freezer 30 minutes prior to placing it in your ice cream machine. Stir the mixture after you take it out of the freezer to ensure a fluid consistency.
Temper your egg yolks slowly, adding ⅓ cup of the hot mixture at a time, so that you don’t scramble your egg yolks.
You can substitute all coconut milk for coconut cream or vice versa depending on how rich you want the end product to be.