- Preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit so that it is ready for your pie.
- Grab your pie crust and bake it according to the pre-bake instructions. Usually around 10 minutes or so, just until it turns golden brown. Set it aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine all of your ingredients and mix them well.
- Pour the pie filling into the pie crust and place it into your preheated oven.
- Cook the pie until the middle is no longer sloppy. This will take around 50-60 minutes depending on your oven.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool completely. This will help it set up and be stiff enough to serve.
- Serve each slice of pie with a dollop of fresh whipped cream and enjoy.
- 1 pound pumpkin, cooked
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pie shell
- Preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Pre-bake your pie shell according to the instructions with your pie crust.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl then add to the pie crust.
- Bake the pie for 55-60 minutes until the middle has set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Pumpkin Pie with Coconut Milk Tips
If you are roasting your own fresh pumpkin for this recipe, make sure to drain it well once it is cooked or the consistency of the pie will be more watery.
Make sure your pumpkin pie spice is fresh and made with quality ingredients. Do not use pumpkin pie spice that has added oil or sugar. If you are using your own fresh blend of pumpkin pie spice, use a scant tablespoon instead of the full amount.
You can omit the white sugar and use all brown sugar instead.
Make sure to cool the pie before serving, if it is still hot it will not set properly and may run when you slice it. If you are making this pie for a special occasion it is a great idea to make it a couple of days early and set it in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it.
Cover the exposed edges of your pie crust with aluminum foil so the crust doesn’t burn.