- 2 cups coconut milk
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 egg yolks, room temp
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- ¼ cup shredded coconut (optional)
- pinch of salt
- Heat coconut milk, milk, sugar, salt and cornstarch in a medium saucepan over medium heat while whisking.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, temper in your egg yolks.
- Continue stirring until the pudding has thickened and can coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the shredded coconut and vanilla.
- Pour into serving dishes.
- Chill or serve warm.
Coconut Milk Pudding Tips
For thick creamy pudding, use the suggested 2 tablespoons of cornstarch. If you want a pudding that can stand up to being served in a pie, use 4 tablespoons of cornstarch instead.
Add some coconut extract, 1 teaspoon, for a more pronounced coconut flavor.