Follow these simple steps to create a warm and delicious coconut milk pound cake.
- 1 ¾ cups of flour
- 3 eggs
- ½ pound of butter
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Grease a loaf pan with butter and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake 40-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Coconut Milk Pound Cake Tips
Lemon is optional in this recipe, you can either remove it completely or you can double the amount of zest if want a stronger lemon flavor.
To create a more pronounced coconut flavor, add 1 teaspoon of coconut extract. Shredded coconut can also be added (¼ cup), this will also add more texture to the final cake, so a fine shred would be best.