- Start by preheating your waffle iron.
- Next, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, mix together the wet ingredients except for the egg whites, then add this mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir until combined.
- In a third bowl, whip the egg whites until they hold stiff peaks. Gently fold the egg whites and the nuts into the rest of the batter.
- Spoon into your heated waffle iron and let sit until the waffles are cooked through.
- Remove and serve warm.
Coconut Milk Banana Nut Waffles
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 3 eggs yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 egg whites
- 3 bananas, mashed
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, butter, yogurt, egg yolks, banana and vanilla. Add this mix to the flour mixture.
- In another bowl, whip the eggs whites until they hold stiff peaks. Gently fold the egg whites and nuts into the batter.
- Heat your waffle iron and drop approximately ¼ to ½ cup of the batter for each waffle.
- Cook until done and serve warm.
Copyright YummyCoconut.com, All Rights Reserved